“I strive to be the calm voice of reason when helping clients solve their often complex problems”
Ryan is a Partner and is the Practice Group Leader of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group at Watson Goepel LLP. His practice focuses on commercial and property disputes, construction matters, transportation law and employment law. Ryan has represented clients at the Supreme Court of British Columbia, the British Columbia Court of Appeal, the Federal Court, the Canadian Transportation Agency and at various mediations and arbitrations.
Outside of work Ryan enjoys spending time with his family at his cabin on Gambier Island.
LLB, University of British Columbia, 2007
BA (Honours), University of Toronto, 2001
British Columbia, 2008
Ryan has successfully acted for a number of clients including:
- private insurers;
- buyers and sellers in real estate transactions; and
- construction companies.
Publications and Presentations
- Presenter, “Construction Law for Contractors,” Chinese Construction & Renovation Association of Canada (CCRA), September 2018.
- Author, “Foreclosure and Unconscionability,” WG Publication, July 2017.
- Author, “Strata owner cannot rely on Charter to avoid strata fees,” WG Publication, August, 2015.
- Author, “BC’s Civil Resolution Tribunal (CRT). Is it an option to resolve your strata property dispute?,” WG Publication, March 2015.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Board of Directors, Pacific Parklands Foundation
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Civil Litigation, Insurance and Employment sections
- Volunteer Lawyer, Access Pro Bono