“I take a non-adversarial and results-oriented approach that focuses on solutions rather than conflicts.”
Chris is a Partner in the Business Law Group at Watson Goepel LLP and provides solutions in the areas of business law and estate planning. His business law practice focuses on all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including startups, governance, asset and share purchases and sales, shareholders agreements, and corporate reorganizations.
His estate planning practice focuses on probate and administration applications, wills, powers of attorney, representation agreements, and committeeship applications and trusts, including alter ego trusts, joint spousal trusts, and disability trusts.
Chris also assists clients with the purchase, sale and leasing of commercial and residential real estate.
Originally from South Africa, Chris is an enthusiastic if not always effective squash and golf player.
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall, 1973
- B.A., Rhodes University, South Africa, 1965
- British Columbia, 1974
- Has acted for a multi-chain service business for over 20 years on matters of governance and the purchasing and sales of properties.
- Acts for numerous high net worth clients with respect to probate and administration applications.
Publications and Presentations
Presenter, “Basics of Estate Planning,” Clients of RGF Integrated Wealth Management, September 26, 2018.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, B.C. Bar Association
- Member, Access Pro Bono Society of BC
- Member, Canadian Friends of South Africa
- Former Honorary Consul for the Republic of South Africa, BC and the Yukon, 1994 – 2015
- Member, North Shore Schizophrenia Society
- Distinguished™ Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings, 2017
* Practicing through a Professional Law Corporation.