“When advising clients on matters both large and small, I focus on building value and delivering efficiency.”
Anand is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Group at Watson Goepel LLP. He advises clients in the areas of corporate and commercial law, real estate law, and on estate matters, including mergers & acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, conveyancing of real property, and tax-driven estate planning. Anand has extensive experience negotiating and drafting a variety of commercial agreements, including leases, licensing agreements, shareholders’ agreements, service agreements, and employment agreements, as well as wills and trusts. Anand’s clients include professionals (doctors, dentists, physiotherapists, RMTs, etc.), entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized enterprises, and developers.
With a keen interest in technology law, Anand understands the unique needs of startups and entrepreneurs, having established and managed his own e-commerce company for several years.
Anand works from both the Vancouver and Surrey office locations. He can also advise clients on matters relating to the Province of Ontario, having practiced there for a number of years.
J.D., Queen’s University, 2011
B.Sc., McGill University, 2008
British Columbia, 2013
- Advised on the divestiture of a leading Canadian producer, marketer, and distributor of branded specialty food products, with a combined value of cash and equity in excess of $60M. (2020)
- Acted for a capital pool company in its initial public offering on the TSX-V and subsequent qualifying transaction. (2019)
- Acted for a local distributor of security products in its sale to a national enterprise for $6.3M and corresponding sale of properties to a third-party for $3.1M. (2018)
- Acted for a multinational corporation in its $5.2M acquisition of a competitor in the construction materials industry. (2017)
- Acted for an entrepreneur in implementing a significant corporate reorganization for estate planning purposes. (2017)
- Acted for a gaming technology company in obtaining financing of up to $1.5M from a venture capital firm. (2016)
- Acted for a number of developers in preparing applications for property subdivisions and registering corresponding easements. (2016)
- Acted for local online web hosting company in its $500,000 sale to an Ontario-based IT company. (2016)
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association