“I lead my legal strategies with a people-centered approach to connect and empathize with my clients. This focus allows me to immerse in the context surrounding clients’ business needs and provide solid advice to guide their business decisions.”
Elias is an associate in Watson Goepel LLP’s Business Law Group. He is an accomplished corporate lawyer engaged in a broad corporate commercial law practice with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, venture financings, and complex corporate reorganizations. He also has a wealth of experience in various facets of tax-driven transactions.
Elias has served as a trusted advisor to clients in a wide variety of industries. In addition to transactional mandates, Elias routinely advises clients on a broad range of business matters, including corporate governance, commercial agreements, and risk management. His clients value his practical approach, sound judgment, and knack for understanding their business.
Elias grew up in the Vancouver area, and when not immersed in the legal world, he enjoys the great outdoors. Hiking and jet skiing are his favorite pastimes, providing the perfect balance to his demanding legal career.
- M. in Taxation Law, University of British Columbia, B.C. (2016).
- D. (Hons.), Bond University, Australia (2015).
- BBA. (Hons.), Simon Fraser University, British Columbia, (2010).
- British Columbia, 2017.
- Regularly assists in all aspects of the purchase and sale of businesses, including both share sale and asset sale transactions.
- Represented Cannabis company in connection with its exit of the cannabis industry by virtue of its sale of a number of its wholly owned-subsidiaries, cannabis licenses, and cannabis production facilities.
- Represented dental clinic acquisition company on numerous acquisitions of dental practices across Canada and subsequent corporate restructurings.
- Represented numerous technology, biotechnology, and life science companies in connection with private placement financings.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association.
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association.