We are a growing and dynamic firm, located in the heart of the downtown Vancouver business district. We offer a contemporary office setting, a professional and collegial work environment and a forward thinking approach to the future growth and development of our firm. If you think you might be a fit for our team, please direct any inquiries to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you think you might be a fit for our team, please direct any inquiries to Tammey George, Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com.
There are no positions open at this time.
Professional Staff Opportunities
If you think you might be a fit for our team, please direct any inquiries to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Administrative Assistant, Personal Injury
We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Personal Injury Group to support the lawyers and paralegals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Run and keep files organized – personal injury
- Discuss matters with clients and keep them up to date about their claim/file
- Prepare file opening sheets and open new client files
- Prepare pleadings and other legal documents
- Arrange for trials, examinations for discovery, and other appointments
- Contact clients, ICBC, opposing lawyers and assistants regarding files
- Prepare accounts
- Open mail and prepare outgoing mail and faxes
- Filing and photocopying
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Minimum one year of legal experience in personal injury law
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter who takes initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- A team player who can also work independently
- Uses discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in joining our team, please send cover letter and resume to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Articled Student Opportunities
Our Articling Program
The Lawyers at Watson Goepel LLP are committed to providing students with a dynamic and rewarding articling experience. We strive to create a learning environment centered on professional development, supported by strong mentorship. Students will gain valuable insights and experiences by working alongside seasoned practitioners.
Our student program is flexibly structured so that students get a balanced and diverse educational experience with exposure to all areas of our law practice throughout their first year. Opportunities are provided throughout the year for students to appear in both the B.C. Provincial and Supreme Courts.
We are proud to provide the practical advantages of a larger firm along with a sense of community and camaraderie often reserved for smaller firms.
Given the high volume of applications, we are able to reserve spaces for only a select few candidates who demonstrate academic excellence, strong interpersonal skills and a keen sense of social responsibility. If you see yourself as a fit, we encourage you to apply.
Watson Goepel LLP will open its 2020 articling application process on November 15, 2019. Interviews with shortlisted candidates will be organized directly by the firm. If you are interested in applying for 2020 articles at Watson Goepel LLP please return to this webpage on November 15, 2019.