We are a growing and dynamic firm, based in the heart of the downtown Vancouver business district, with additional offices located in the Metro Vancouver area. We offer a contemporary office setting, a professional and collegial work environment, and a forward-thinking approach to our firm’s future growth and development.
We are always interested in meeting qualified candidates! If you think you might be a fit for our team, we encourage you to direct your inquiries to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager.
If you think you might be a fit for our team, please direct any inquiries to Tammey George, Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com.
Lawyer - Family Law 5-7+ Years of Experience
Founded in 1984, Watson Goepel LLP is located in the heart of the downtown Vancouver business district. Our firm is growing strategically to meet the needs of our evolving client base and the demographics of our Partnership.
We are seeking a mid to senior family lawyer to round-out our team of five family law lawyers. The ideal candidate has a positive and upbeat attitude and a passion for working with families in relationship transition. The Family Law Group is led by Partner, Laurence Klass, who takes a pragmatic approach to find client-focused solutions that are tailored to each client’s unique needs. With an emphasis on teamwork, we hold weekly practice group meetings to ensure our lawyers remain connected and supported by their team as they develop their individual practices.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Separation and Divorce
- Family Law Litigation
- Parenting Coordination
- Mediation & Arbitration
- 5-7+ years experience in family law with a focus on litigation
- Proactive and business development minded
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Above average interpersonal and client management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to provide mentorship to junior colleagues
What we Offer
- A contemporary work setting in our downtown Vancouver office
- A professional and collegial work environment and positive office culture
- Marketing specialist to help grow your practice
- Management team to oversee day-to-day operations
- Forward-thinking approach to the future growth and development of our firm
- Competitive salary and benefits
The mid-sized nature of our firm provides the administrative infrastructure required to support our lawyers’ busy practices, while still providing the best aspects of a small firm culture.
Watson Goepel hold numerous firm social activities including monthly internal socials, regular holiday celebrations, and other impromptu events that acknowledge our professionals’ milestones and accomplishments.
Interested parties should contact Chief Operating Officer Tammey George at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watson Goepel is an equal opportunity employer, hiring solely on the basis of candidate qualifications. We offer salary commensurate with experience; and offer performance bonuses and a benefits package.
Professional Staff Opportunities
We are always interested in meeting qualified candidates, even if we do not have a particular role posted. If you think you might be a fit for our team, please direct any inquiries to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
Legal Administrative Assistant, Floater
Watson Goepel LLP is a growing and dynamic full-service law firm based in downtown Vancouver with additional offices located in West Vancouver and Surrey. We offer a collegial and collaborative work environment, competitive salary and challenging and rewarding opportunities in a professional environment. We are currently seeking a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant, Floater to join our team in our Vancouver office.
The ideal candidate:
- Brings a positive and upbeat attitude to the role
- Has excellent organizational and computer literacy skills
- Enjoys working in a team environment
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing client invoices
- Opening and closing files
- Drafting and preparing letters, memos, and correspondence as directed by lawyers
- Maintain B/F systems and organize files – electronic and paper-based
- Management of calendars and client meetings
- Liaising with external clients as required
- General administrative duties as required
- A graduate of a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional computer literacy skills
- A self-starter who takes initiative
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently while being a team player
- Uses discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fitness facility on-site
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Employer paid Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Long term disability insurance
- Casual Fridays
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals
- Social events throughout the year
How to Apply:
Watson Goepel LLP is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. To join our team, please send your cover letter and resume to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
Articled Student Application 2024/2025 – Now Open
If you are a law student interested in applying for a 2024/2025 articling position at Watson Goepel LLP, please submit your cover letter, resume, and copies of official transcripts for all legal and undergraduate studies via the submission form below no later than June 30, 2023. Letters of reference and writing samples are not required, but may be included.
We pride ourselves on selecting great people who will become great lawyers. Your cover letter should clearly communicate who you are as a person, what sets you apart from other candidates and how you see yourself complementing our community.
Applicants who are selected for the interview process will be contacted directly by the articling selection committee. Watson Goepel LLP will be abiding by the Vancouver Bar Association’s student recruitment guidelines.
We sincerely thank you for your interest.
Click “full description” below to view the submission form.