We are a growing and dynamic firm, located in the heart of the downtown Vancouver business district. We offer a contemporary office setting, a professional and collegial work environment and a forward thinking approach to the future growth and development of our firm.
We are always interested in meeting qualified candidates! If you think you might be a fit for our team, we encourage you to direct your inquiries to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.
Articled Student Application 2021/2022 – Now Closed
Our 2021/2022 articling application process is now closed. We thank all students who applied and note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Watson Goepel LLP will be accepting applications for 2022/2023 articles in the spring of 2021.
If you think you might be a fit for our team, please direct any inquiries to Tammey George, Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solicitor (5+ years)
We are currently seeking a solicitor (5+ years of experience) to serve in our new West Vancouver office location.
The successful candidate will have a book of business (equal to roughly 50% of their time) and be prepared to help serve the firm’s growing North Shore client base. The candidate would be a capable marketer, competent in managing people, and would in time be able to administer a community-based satellite office of a well-respected mid-sized firm.
This position is ideal for a senior Associate or junior to mid-level Partner who lives on the North Shore, would prefer to work closer to home, has many of the skills required, and is excited by this challenge and opportunity.
Salary will be competitive and performance-based bonuses are available.
Interested parties should contact Tammey George at email@example.com
Professional Staff Opportunities
We are always interested in meeting qualified candidates, even if we do not have a particular role posted. If you think you might be a fit for our team, please direct any inquiries to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently looking for a full-time Accounting Clerk with law firm experience to join the Accounting team in our Vancouver office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organize, code, and post accounts payable
- Upload disbursements from file to the accounting system
- Prepare and organize cheque runs
- Monthly reconciliation of corporate credit card accounts
- Weekly reconciliation of petty cash
- Trust and general bank statement reconciliation
- Monthly PST/HST remittance
- Back up for our trust accountant when coverage or overflow assistance is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as a team member
- Professional with a mature demeanor
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Works efficiently with a high volume of work; wants the challenge of learning new tasks.
- Must have law firm accounting experience and some accounting schooling
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounts payable
- Familiar with new HST/GST and PST requirements
- Familiarity with trust accounts and Law Society trust rules
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Legal Administrative Assistant, Personal Injury Group
We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Personal Injury Group to provide support to the lawyers and paralegals in our Vancouver office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the team
- Ordering medical/wage loss reports
- Prepare file opening sheets and open new client files
- Prepare pleadings and other legal documents
- Arrange for trials, examinations for discovery, and other appointments
- Contact clients, ICBC, opposing lawyers, and assistants regarding files
- Prepare accounts
- Open mail and prepare outgoing mail and faxes
- Filing and photocopying
- Other administrative duties as required.
- A graduate of a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A self-starter who takes initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- A team player who can also work independently
- Uses discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter and resume to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those we are interested in interviewing will be contacted.