We are a growing and dynamic firm, located in the heart of the downtown Vancouver business district. We offer a contemporary office setting, a professional and collegial work environment and a forward thinking approach to the future growth and development of our firm.
We are always interested in meeting qualified candidates! If you think you might be a fit for our team, we encourage you to direct your inquiries to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articling Student Applications 2020/2021 - Closed
Our 2020/2021 articling application process is now closed. We thank all students who applied and note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Watson Goepel LLP will be accepting applications for 2021/2022 articles in the fall of 2020.
If you think you might be a fit for our team, please direct any inquiries to Tammey George, Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com.
There are no positions open at this time.
Professional Staff Opportunities
We are always interested in meeting qualified candidates, even if we do not have a particular role posted. If you think you might be a fit for our team, please direct any inquiries to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Administrative Assistant, Family Law Group
We are seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Family Law Group.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Prepare legal correspondence
• Prepare accounts
• Deal directly with clients and opposing counsel
• Maintain calendar and schedule appointments
• Arrange trial dates and examinations for discovery
• Other administrative duties as required
• Graduate of Legal Administrative Assistant program
• 2+ years of legal experience, preferably in family law
• Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you are interested in joining our team, please send cover letter and resume to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Legal Administrative Assistant, Personal Injury Group
We are seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Personal Injury Group to support the lawyers and paralegals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Run and keep files organized – personal injury
- Discuss matters with clients and keep them up to date about their claim/file
- Prepare file opening sheets and open new client files
- Prepare pleadings and other legal documents
- Arrange for trials, examinations for discovery, and other appointments
- Contact clients, ICBC, opposing lawyers and assistants regarding files
- Prepare accounts
- Open mail and prepare outgoing mail and faxes
- Filing and photocopying
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Minimum one year of legal experience in personal injury law
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter who takes initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- A team player who can also work independently
- Uses discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in joining our team, please send cover letter and resume to Sara Fry, Human Resources Manager. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Articled Student Opportunities
Our Articling Program
The Lawyers at Watson Goepel LLP are committed to providing students with a dynamic and rewarding articling experience. We strive to create a learning environment centered on professional development, supported by strong mentorship. Students will gain valuable insights and experiences by working alongside seasoned practitioners.
Our student program is flexibly structured so that students get a balanced and diverse educational experience with exposure to all areas of our law practice throughout their first year. Opportunities are provided throughout the year for students to appear in both the B.C. Provincial and Supreme Courts.
We are proud to provide the practical advantages of a larger firm along with a sense of community and camaraderie often reserved for smaller firms.
Given the high volume of applications, we are able to reserve spaces for only a select few candidates who demonstrate academic excellence, strong interpersonal skills and a keen sense of social responsibility. If you see yourself as a fit, we encourage you to apply in the fall of 2020.
There are no positions open at this time.