John is Associate Counsel in the Business Group at Watson Goepel LLP. His practice focuses primarily on commercial real estate, including the acquisition and development of hotels, shopping centers, apartment buildings, and office complexes. He assists in negotiations for the financing and purchase of land, and subsequent development. John provides ongoing legal and strategic advice for the management of these properties, and has extensive experience negotiating, and where necessary, enforcing, commercial leases on behalf of both Landlords and Tenants.
With a passion for travel and cinema, John is the former Director and President of the Pacific Cinematheque
LL.B., University of British Columbia, 1972
British Columbia, 1973
- John acts for a wide variety of commercial real estate clients including developers, landlords and tenants, advising them of their rights and responsibilities.
- John advises small and medium sized business clients on all aspects of business law.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF), 1997 – present
- Former Director and President, Pacific Cinematheque