“Understanding my client’s goals and interests is the key to my practice.”
Micah is an Associate in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group at Watson Goepel LLP. His practice focuses on contract litigation including partnership and shareholder disputes, debt recovery, and wrongful termination actions.
A UVic Law graduate, Micah served as President of the Law Students’ Society, and co-founded the Access Pro Bono Student Clinic, providing free legal advice to low-income individuals in Victoria.
- JD, University of Victoria, 2015
- B.A. (Philosophy, with High Distinction), University of Toronto, 2011
- British Columbia, 2016
Contracts Litigation and Debt Recovery
- Provided assistance and advice to public and private companies and individuals regarding the overall validity and enforceability of their corporate contracts.
- Conducted examinations in aid of execution, commenced garnishment proceedings, and took other steps in execution to completely satisfy judgements, debt, liabilities and the costs of legal proceedings.
- Litigated and resolved disputes between shareholders, partners, and joint venturers.
- Assisted public companies through the Plan of Arrangement process, including speaking to initial and final orders, assisting in the organization process of special meetings, the drafting and review of meeting materials, information circulars and court orders.
- Represented securities issuers, professionals, directors, shareholders, and other securities industry participants in a variety of litigation and arbitration actions involving market manipulation, conspiracy, shareholder oppression, and others.
- Successfully defended and settled actions brought by option-holders and shareholders on behalf of a publicly listed corporation involving the proper interpretation and exercise of warrant and option certificates.
- Served as trial counsel for key employee awarded 22 months of notice and over $140,000.00 following a successful summary trial at the British Columbia Supreme Court.
- Negotiated and resolved several wrongful termination actions and allegations acting as both employer and employee counsel on behalf of private and public companies.
- Provided comprehensive employment opinions to employers, which advance legal opinion on whether and how an employee may be terminated and whether employment benefits including stock options are payable.
Publications and Presentations
Legal Contributor to PolitiCoast, a podcast that explores what’s happening in British Columbia and across the country:
- Ep 128: No criminal behaviour, that’s the standard?
- Ep 101: Rabid dog days of summer
- Ep 82: The drain the swamp model of the constitution
- Ep 66: Of dams and beers
- Ep 40: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
- Ep 39: The Neverending Election
- Ep 13: Make ethics great again
- Ep 04: You’re Fired!
Professional and Community Affiliations
- President, British Columbia Civil Discourse Society
- Board Member, Strathcona Community Centre
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Chair, Organization Committee, West End Vancouver Mayoral Forum