“I was drawn to the law because I believe in the value of service, to my clients, and to the community at large.”
Yianni is an Associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group at Watson Goepel LLP. Prior to joining Watson Goepel in 2017, he practiced at a large regional firm in Vancouver. His practice focuses primarily in the area of general commercial litigation.
Yianni has appeared before the British Columbia Provincial Court and the British Columbia Supreme Court, as well as the Residential Tenancy Branch.
In his free time, Yianni likes to run, listen to music, and spend time with his family and friends.
JD, University of Victoria, 2014
BA, Honours with Distinction, University of Victoria, 2010
British Columbia, 2015
- Obtained a Registrar’s assessment of costs and special costs for over $350,000 against a party following trial (2016)
Publications and Presentations
- Author, “The ongoing scrutiny of experts as advocates: Thompson v. Helgeson,” The Lawyer’s Daily, July 2017.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Past Committee Member, Court Service Committee, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Past Committee Member, Policy Advisory Council, downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association
- Past President, UVic Law Students’ Society (2013-2014)