“Law doesn’t exist in a vacuum. When I give advice to my clients I always consider how it may practically affect their transaction as well as their rights and obligations.”
Henry is an Associate in the Business Group at Watson Goepel LLP. His practice focuses on corporate and commercial matters, having acted on numerous transactions for clients across the Asian-Pacific community. Prior to beginning his legal practice, Henry spent several years working for one of the largest financial institutions in the globe and has brought his experience in private and commercial lending to Watson Goepel LLP. Henry also practices in the area of immigration law, advising clients on a variety of issues ranging from business immigration to family sponsorship applications.
Henry speaks both Mandarin and Cantonese. An avid amateur cook, he enjoys spending his weekends testing new recipes with his two young daughters.
National Committee on Accreditation, 2012
MA Law, University of Bristol (UK), 2010
BA, University of British Columbia, 2005
British Columbia, 2014
- Acted for purchaser in hotel acquisitions in British Columbia and Alberta
- Acted for private lenders in project financing by completing due diligence and preparing security and loan documentation
- Acted for purchaser in acquisition of aqua-culture facility in Powell River
- Acted for plaintiff in the successful pursuit of civil claim against fraudulent immigration consultant
Publications and Presentations
- Co-Author, “Staffing your cannabis business: What to consider?,” Cannabis Retailer Magazine, Summer 2019.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Treasurer, Irwin Park Tree House
- Awarded the UBC Chapman Distinguished Service Award