“I help clients and families navigate the justice system and the changes that come with separation and divorce, by providing comprehensive guidance. Minimizing emotional and financial stress is my goal.”
Gagan is an Associate in the Family Law Group at Watson Goepel LLP. She practices in all areas of family law, assisting clients with marriage and cohabitation agreements, separation agreements, divorce, property division, custody and access, and child and spousal support.
While she emphasizes a non-adversarial and cooperative approach, Gagan is a skilled advocate when negotiating settlements, or in court, as required. She has appeared before the Provincial and Supreme Courts of British Columbia, and the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Outside of work, Gagan enjoys spending time with her young family, yoga, hiking the beautiful trails in BC, and discovering new local restaurants and breweries.
J.D., University of British Columbia, 2011
B.A., University of British Columbia, 2006
British Columbia, 2012
Publications and Presentations
- Editor, “Family Law Agreements: Annotated Precedents”, chapters on “When Courts Will Vary or Set Aside a Family Law Agreement”, “Security for Support and Enforcement”, Continuing Legal Education Society of B.C., December 2021.
- Contributor, “JP Boyd on Family Law“, Family Law Agreements section, Clicklaw Wikibooks, Courthouse Libraries B.C., July 2019.
- Co- Author, “Relocation Under the Family Law Act: A Step Forward…Possibly,” Family Law Advocates Group, March 26, 2014.
- Co-Author, “Overcoming the Obstacles: Parenting and Parenting Coordination Under the New Family Law Act,” Pacific Business & Law Institute, January 28, 2014.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member of the Board of Directors, Connections Community Services
- Member, BC Family Unbundling Roster
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association – BC Branch
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association