Erika joined Watson Goepel LLP as an articling student in June 2022 and became an associate in the firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution group in June 2023. She graduated from Dalhousie University, Schulich School of Law, where she also obtained the Aboriginal and Indigenous Law Specialization.
Erika volunteered with Dalhousie Legal Aid Clinic during law school, providing legal information and assistance to members of the Nova Scotia community, primarily in Residential Tenancy law. She also presented to housing support workers at the Mi’kmaq Native Friendship Centre about housing issues in Halifax, NS. In her last term of law school, she worked full time at the Dalhousie Legal Aid Clinic, predominantly in the areas of family law and child protection.
Prior to law school, Erika spent her time in Nairobi, Kenya working with the Aga Khan University’s School of Nursing and Midwifery. She was highly involved in research and assisted with a number of publications.
Erika enjoys weaving, crocheting, baking, and walking in her spare time.
- J.D., Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, 2022
- Certificate in Aboriginal and Indigenous Law, Dalhousie University, 2022
- BA (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2018
British Columbia, 2023
- The Order of St. Basil the Great in Canada v St. Mary’s Ukrainian Senior Citizens Housing Society, 2023 BCSC 23 (with Ryan Lee, Managing Partner).
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association