“I pride myself as being an approachable “people’s lawyer” with a focus on making a better community.”
Linda is Associate Counsel in the Business Law Group at Watson Goepel LLP. She has over a decade of experience helping individuals and small businesses – especially those in the Chinese community – with their corporate commercial, wills and estates and real estate matters.
Linda’s clients include local businesses operating in a variety of industries who rely on her for the preparation of their commercial contracts including lease agreements, consulting agreements, asset and share purchase agreements, as well as the maintenance of their record books and corporate financing and investment structures.
Linda also has experience handling residential and commercial real estate transactions and financings. Recent experience includes assisting clients to purchase development lands, as well as ancillary dealings with municipal governments regarding rezoning, right of way, easements and restrictive covenants.
Before focusing her practise in corporate commercial and real estate law, Linda also has many years of experience in civil litigation, family law, and wills and estates. As such, Linda is able to put her clients’ needs in the bigger picture, finding the best legal team to provide the best solution for her clients.
Prior to coming to Vancouver, Linda graduated from Beijing Jiaotong University with a Bachelor of Science degree majoring in Telecommunications Engineering and worked as a telecommunications engineer in China before immigrating to Canada in 2000.
Linda is a regular speaker for Vancouver Fairchild TV and Radio Station “law talks” which caters to the Chinese community. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking and sewing.
JD, University of British Columbia, 2009
BSc, Telecommunications Engineering, Beijing Jiaotong University, 1993
British Columbia, 2010
- Represented numerous investors in acquisitions and developments of residential and commercial real estate;
- Specializes in handling complicated real estate transactions;
- Advised numerous businesses on structuring and completing asset and share purchases;
- Advised business and individuals by providing comprehensive analysis of legal issues across different areas of laws and finding the best solutions; and
- Advised clients on estate planning including setting up trusts and making wills.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Guest Speaker, legal topic discussions and Q & As, Fairchild Radio and TV