“Understanding my client’s goals and interests is the key to my practice.”
Micah is an Associate in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group at Watson Goepel LLP. His practice focuses on employment and contract litigation including partnership and shareholder disputes, debt recovery, and wrongful termination actions.
A UVic Law graduate, Micah served as President of the Law Students’ Society, and co-founded the Access Pro Bono Student Clinic, providing free legal advice to low-income individuals in Victoria.
- JD, University of Victoria, 2015
- B.A. (Philosophy, with High Distinction), University of Toronto, 2011
- British Columbia, 2016
- Provided assistance and advice to companies and individuals regarding the overall validity and individual terms of their corporate contracts.
- Assisted landlord creditors recover over $500,000.00 in a successful summary judgement.
- Litigated and resolved disputes between shareholders concerning real estate disputes.
- Negotiated and resolved several wrongful termination actions acting as both employer and employee counsel quickly and efficiently.
- Provided comprehensive employment opinions to employers, which advance legal opinion on whether and how an employee may be terminated.
- Assisted in the successful defence of a Wills Variation Act application; the clients defended a claim brought by the deceased’s step-daughter in the British Columbia Supreme Court. The lawsuit against our client was dismissed in its entirety (Eastman v. Eastman Estate, 2016 BCSC 1728).
- Assisted in a Presumption of Death Act application; the deceased tragically went missing boating near the Sunshine Coast. His children were potential beneficiaries under his estate, but could not receive their inheritance without a court order. Following a successful application, the missing person was declared deceased by law.
Publications and Presentations
Panelist, “Cannabis Industry Legal Issues and Regulatory Compliance,” Cannabis Trade Show: Vancouver, July 2018.
Micah is a regular Legal Contributor to PolitiCoast, a podcast that explores what’s happening in British Columbia and across the country
- Ep 40: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
- Ep 39: The Neverending Election
- Ep 13: Make ethics great again
- Ep 04: You’re Fired!
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Community Advisory Board, Gordon Neighborhood House
- Member, Organization Committee, Vancouver By-Election Housing Forum