“Assisting clients through some of the most difficult times of their lives is a responsibility I take seriously.”
Jon is a Partner, and head of the Family Law Group, at Watson Goepel LLP. He assists clients in all areas of family law, from issues arising from divorce or separation, to specific areas related to property division, children (guardianship, parenting time, residency and child protection), and pre or post-marriage style agreements.
His practice is exclusively focused on assisting clients with out-of-court settlement procedures including Collaborative Family Law, Integrative Mediation, and other settlement based approaches. Jon is a Certified Family Law Mediator and works with couples or with multi-party family law disputes.
Jon is the current Co-Chair of the Collaborative Divorce Vancouver Society, has guest lectured at UBC Law School, and has served as a panelist at various CLE functions. He speaks French and enjoys spending time with his family and both coaching and playing hockey.
LL.B., University of New Brunswick, 1996
B.A. in Psychology and Sociology, University of New Brunswick, 1992
Publications and Presentations
- Jon is a frequent blogger on topics related to Family Law
- Occasional guest lecturer at Peter A. Allard School of Law (UBC)
- Frequent panelist at the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC (CLEBC)
- Interviewed, CKNW Lynda Steele show, providing commentary on the emergence of a divorce app in B.C., July 2018.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Co-Chair, Collaborative Divorce Vancouver Society
- Member, BC Law Society
- Member, PEI Law Society
- Member, Canadian Bar Association