“I take a non-adversarial and results-oriented approach that focuses on solutions rather than conflicts.”
Chris is a Partner in the Business Group at Watson Goepel LLP and works in the areas of Business Law and Estate Planning. His business practice focuses on all aspects of corporate and commercial law including startups, governance, asset and share purchase, and sales. His Estate planning practice focuses on probate and administration applications, wills, power of attorney, representation agreements, Committeeship applications and trusts, including disability trusts. Chris also assists clients with the purchase, sale and leasing of commercial and residential real estate.
Originally from South Africa, Chris is an enthusiastic, if not always effective, squash player.
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall, 1973
- B.A., Rhodes University, South Africa, 1965
- British Columbia, 1974
- Has acted for a multi-chain service business for over 20 years on matters of governance and the purchasing and sales of properties.
- Acts for numerous high net worth clients with respect to probate and administration applications.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, B.C. Bar Association
- Member, Access Pro Bono Society of BC
- Member, Canadian Friends of South Africa
- Former Honorary Consul for the Republic of South Africa, BC and the Yukon, 1994 – 2015
- Member, North Shore Schizophrenia Society
- Distinguished™ Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings, 2017