“I take a straightforward and down to earth approach with my clients. Helping real people solve their real problems is meaningful to me.”
Fiona is Lawyer in the Family Law Group at Watson Goepel LLP. In her practice, Fiona works closely with her clients to develop a comprehensive and tailored strategy as early on in the legal process as possible. Her practice includes all areas of family law, including marriage or cohabitation agreements, separation, divorce, property division, custody, guardianship, access, and spousal support. In the event that settlement is not possible, Fiona’s extensive courtroom experience enables her to move litigation forward efficiently, toward a final resolution.
With extensive experience in the area of child protection, Fiona acts as counsel for parents dealing with the Ministry of Children and Families, and for children in the care of MCFD.
Fiona is kept busy outside of work running after her young twins.
LL.M., University of Cambridge, 2005
LL.B. (With Distinction), University of Alberta, 2001
B.A., Psychology and Mathematics, Simon Fraser University, 1997
British Columbia, 2003
British Columbia Supreme Court, 2001 – 2002
Publications and Presentations
- Planning Committee and Moderator, CLEBC Access to Justice for Children Conference, May 2017
- Presenter, “Acting as Counsel for Children,” CLEBC Child Protection Conference, October 2015
- Author, Annotated Family Practice, CLEBC, 2016-2018
- Author/Editor, PLTC Practice Material, Family Law – Child Protection and Adoption 2016
- Author, Family Law Sourcebook, Child Protection Chapter, 2016 – 2018
- Author, British Columbia Family Practice Manual, Child Protection Chapter, 2016-2018
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Secretary, Children’s Law Subsection, CBA 2016/17
- Member, Hear the Child Roster, Hear the Child Society
- Member, Collaborative Divorce Vancouver
- Member, CBA, Family Law Subsection
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliatory Courts
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia