Andrew is a partner in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group at Watson Goepel LLP. With over 20 years of legal experience, Andrew conducts a diverse litigation practice with particular focus on Insurance, Construction and Transportation law issues on behalf of insurers and corporations.
Andrew has appeared before all levels of British Columbia and Federal courts and regularly provides legal representation to domestic and international insurers as well as self-insured corporations and individuals on a variety of issues including:
- bodily injury;
- personal injury;
- professional liability;
- occupiers liability;
- product liability;
- multi-party construction disputes;
- insurance coverage;
- subrogation claims.
When not practicing law, Andrew is an enthusiastic traveller, competitive poker player and golfer in descending order of aptitude.
- LL.B., University of British Columbia, 1993
- B.A., University of Toronto, 1988
- British Columbia, 1994
- Smith v. Both,  B.C.J. No. 2406
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. v. Canadian National Railway Co.,  B.C.J. No. 1987
- Cami Automotive, Inc. v. Westwood Shipping Lines, Inc.,  F.C.J. No. 77
- Pacific West Systems Supply Ltd. v. Vossenaar,  B.C.J. No. 2245
- Stock v. Okanagan College,  B.C.H.R.T.D. No. 163
- Cami Automotive, Inc. v. Westwood Shipping Lines, Inc.,  F.C.J. No. 27;  F.C.J. No. 77
- Jackson v. Canadian Northern Shield Insurance Co.,  B.C.J. No. 2113
- Progressive Homes Ltd. v. Lombard General Insurance Co. of Canada,  B.C.J. No. 651
- Imperial Sign Corp. v. Mainami Canada Ltd.,  B.C.J. No. 561
- Chandra v. Canadian Northern Shield Insurance Co.,  B.C.J. No. 1017
- Rothwell v. Liquidation World Inc.,  B.C.J. No. 1115
- Tromp v. British Columbia (Information and Privacy Commissioner),  B.C.J. No. 761
- Jogia v. Aetna Life Insurance Co.,  B.C.J. No. 531
- Chace v. Crane Canada Inc.,  B.C.J. No. 2862
- Dahl v. Liberty Investments Ltd.,  B.C.J. No. 461
- Lam (Re),  F.C.J. No. 1306
- Knight’s Mineral Exploration & Co. v. Corcoran & Co.,  B.C.J. No. 278
- Coastal Oceanic Contractors Inc. v. Matthews Contracting Inc.,  B.C.J. No. 1548
Publications and Presentations
- Presenter, “Transportation law: Trainspotting in the Arbutus Corridor – Rails to Trails to Gardens to
- Rails,” Canadian Transportation Law Association. October, 2015.
- Author, “Applicants to the University of British Columbia (UBC) will soon learn whether extra-curricular activities really do help their admissions chances.” – read blog post September 2015.
- Author, “BC Court of Appeal decision opens insurers to claims for defective workmanship” – blog post, August 2015.
- Interviewed, “Parental liability for negligence of minor children,” – CBC television January, 2015.
- Author, Voiding a Homeowner’s Policy for Material Change Jackson v. Canadian Northern Shield Insurance Company et al, April 2011.
- Panelist, Canadian Defense Lawyer’s 7th Annual Insurance Law Conference in Toronto, March 2011.
- Presenter, “Progressive Homes Ltd. v. Lombard General Insurance Co. of Canada.” Insurance Institute of British Columbia, Multiple Dates and Ongoing.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association